Monday, March 29, 2010

Progress

>This weekend was pretty successful!






First off, Thursday night I soaked all my Gargoyles and Zanthrope in Nail Polish Remover and one of my Warriors in Simple Green. The Nail Polish worked rather well on the metal guys and the SG worked great on the Warrior. Then Friday Night the rest of my Gaunts went into a Simple Green bath. They came pretty clean..I think I need to give the one last brush while they are dry to rid them of any debris. The second Warrior came clean quickly thanks to Linz' old mascara brush. I then soaked my Carnifex in NPR for about 10 minutes and the paint peeled off the easiest yet. I'm hoping this is because of the primer I used back then. My first batch (the Gaunts and gargoyles and warriors) were all primed w/ white and the later stuff primed in black...I can’t remember which ones I used GW primer on. Anyway I'm hoping that the black primer is easier to get off since most everything was primed black.





Now I have all of my Genestealers soaking and will be scrubbed tonight.




I have also been trying to come up with a paint scheme for my army. I'm thinking of doing the Gaunts in a yellow...but I don’t want to do that for all my guys...What do you all think about a multi colored bug army?



On top of all that I cleaned the entire basement out and cleared off our work table. I now have a safe area to have my army sit out and paint and work and everything…this is very exciting! Now I need a rule book and a codex!







Cheers,



-josh

1 comment: